Hope in the midst of chaos

Hope in the midst of chaos

If you have been paying attention to the news at all, you can see the events taking place. You see cops killing unarmed black men and women while in custody. You see those who are outraged because of it, and you see those who are outraged at those outraged. In this day and time, you can see a person's true colors. They are no longer afraid to speak their mind. There are those who thought racism was a thing of the past, and there are those who are glad it is brought into the light. The truth is racism had never gone anywhere. It has only been hidden behind closed doors and talked about with like-minded individuals and groups. With me having light skin I have noticed this to be the case when they talk this way around me assuming I am like them. I often find it funny when they find out it is not the case. I have even lost jobs because of my belief and the race of the beautiful woman I am married to. 

There are those who believe this is all something new we are fighting for. This has been an issue since before America was America. I have noticed everyone wants to be heard, but many aren't willing to listen. I see hope in the midst of the chaos. Where others see rioting, I see both races standing together for a common goal. I see people who have tried to get others' attention using peace, and it gets them nowhere. I see people rioting to get the attention of those who under other circumstances would not listen to what they had to say. I see changes being made after over 60 years of asking for those changes. I see others admitting they were wrong when they either misspoke or did nothing at all. I see a race of people finally being respected, heard, and most importantly understood. 

I know there will be more violence and bloodshed ahead. I know more tears will fall for those we love and lost. I also know through it all we will be united. Racism will always exist as long as there is hatred in the hearts of men. That does not mean it has to be accepted. We are on our way to a better future. I can see it, and feel it. 

Comments